What’s New with James Cook University?
James Cook University (JCU) is proud to announce the launch of its innovative, new International Student Merit Stipends (ISMS) scholarship program, furthering JCU’s commitment to creating a brighter future for life in the tropics through graduates and discoveries that make a difference.
The JCU ISMS program will support high-achieving students from South and South East Asia, China, Africa and the Middle East in managing the cost of living during their studies with a secure income throughout the duration of their program, through an AUD$700 monthly stipend.
Are you eligible?
- Only available to new, commencing international students at James Cook University.
- Students entering postgraduate study must have a GPA of at least 5.2 on a 7 point scale or 70% in their undergraduate tertiary study.
- Students intending to enter an undergraduate program must have the equivalent of an ATAR of 88 or higher to qualify.
- To continue to be eligible for the Scholarship, students must maintain a GPA of at least 5.0 throughout the duration of their program.
JCU is assessing and offering the ISMS to all qualifying students with existing and new applications to study in 2019. Successful students will receive a letter of offer for both their nominated program and the scholarship with a detailed contract outlining terms and conditions of the ISMS program.
Students receiving the ISMS will be required to submit the signed contract to accept the conditions of the program in addition to the letter of offer and tuition fee deposit to accept their offer to study at JCU.
Students intending to study the following JCU programs will not be eligible to receive the ISMS:
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Health (Nursing Pathway)
- Diploma of Engineering
- English for Academic Purposes
- Foundation Program
- Study Abroad/Exchange
- Online programs
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Masters of Engineering (Professional).
The ISMS will be calculated from the course commencement date, with the first payment made after the census date. The Department of Home Affairs recommends international students budget at least AUD$20,290 per year for living expenses.
To know more about this awesome promotion from James Cook University, talk to Infinity Migration Services today.
Follow us on Facebook.